Bio – Ken Porter
Ken is a Program Manager with Mood Disorders Society of Canada. Ken has twenty years’ experience working in the mental health field and more than 10 years of project management experience.
He is recognized for his skills in Mental Health, Social Services, Community Outreach, Non-Profits, Employment and Training. He was part of the leadership team that was recognized with the Sharing the Flame Award in 2007 by the Canadian Council on Learning.
Ken has served on numerous boards and committees including:
- Community Mental Health and Addiction Advisory Committee, Canadian Institute for Health Information
- People for Equal Partnership in Mental Health
- Mental Health Employment Supports Network
- North Bay and District Chamber of Commerce
- Episodic Disabilities Advisory Committee, Canadian Working Group on HIV/Aids
- North East Ontario Consumer/Survivor Network
- Muskoka Nipissing Parry Sound Local Training & Adjustment Board,
- Episodic Disabilities Employment Committee, Canadian Working Group on HIV/Aids
- Consumer Peer Research Network, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Canadore College I.S. Advisory Committee
Ken is a graduate of the Social Service Worker Program at Northern College and is attending Athabasca University’s Human Services Professional Degree program.